23 Jan 2017

Nearly the happy end of the story

They are dreaming of their future home - 
By the way it is the castle where my great-grandmother grew up - 
I am so hapy to be able to include it in my Stitching-a-Story-Book
I drew just the outlines.


I stitched the front of this old building
standing here in a birchwood with fantasy flowers
on grasland - made of silkpaper



Detail of the round frame of silk


Well, the horse legs are placed a bit awkward - could have been better
I saw it too late.


In the castle garden rapunzel salad started to grow


The happy dreaming couple with their two children


4 comments:

  1. Such lovely combination of paper and fabric, of drawing and sewing, of fantasy and reality .
    Happy endings all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spectacular Anneliese you have certainly created a wonderfl piee here and I can see nothing wrong with the horse`s legs. So you have royal blood in you going back to your great grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love your drawn castle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable 'adapted illustrations' - I love what you've been doing to the story

    ReplyDelete